Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Thursday, April 14, 2005

TAXES So I waited until the last possible second to file my tax return. Because I'm cool like that, I'm cool like that. Speaking of taxes, over at the Neolibertarian circus, I posted a quick note that garnered a response:

"Indeed, Leviathan is with us, for better or worse. Libertarians should try to make it better, rather than worse."

Get a clue. You aren’t a libertarian.


Written By: Libertarian Jackass
URL: http://libertarianjackass.blogspot.com
So, given the real world choice between a more or less intrusive tax structure, you wouldn’t choose a less intrusive tax structure?

How libertarian is that?

Written By: Jon Henke
URL: http://www.QandO.net

Listen: Given a real world choice between a more or less intrusive tax structure, although I'm not sure what "intrusive" refers to, I think I'd take the more "intrusive" structure. I'd certainly take the most complex and inefficient structure. Why would I want to support a movement to make it easier and more efficient for the criminal gang to steal my money?

The more loopholes, the more complexity, the more chances you have to pay less.

We have this thing here in California called Prop. 13. Ignorant rightwingers think its wonderful. It limits the ad valorem property tax to one percent of the assessed value. You know what? The criminals in charge of California found a zillion other ways to expropriate wealth. The tax system is not the issue.

If you aren't interested in ending government, I'm not interested in you as a libertarian.

Previous Stories

» BRITNEY Against the advice of LJ, Britney chose t...
» HATING THE RED SUX Normally I don't preach hate, ...
» THE ADVENTURES OF THE LIBERTARIAN JACKASS: "I'M J...
» HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOUOur friend Tim Swanson ...
» THE LIBERTARIAN JACKASS LUXURY BEACH VILLA? LJ's b...
» MARK MCGRATH So I'm strolling through Pavillions y...
» GANDHI If you've never seen Gandhi, I suggest chec...
» 411 OPERATORS What's the deal with 411 operators?...
» I SUPPOSE I'M THE ONLY PERSON finding this post hi...
» THE (JEB) BUSH DOCTRINE: Shoot first, ask questio...