Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Sunday, April 10, 2005

MARK MCGRATH So I'm strolling through Pavillions yesterday (by the way, this grocery store has the greatest commercials), and a store clerk stops me in the aisle:

Clerk:
Hold on a second, sir. Has anyone ever told you that you look just like Mark McGrath?
LJ: [Laughing] Well, I used to get that three or four years ago when I had blond highlights.
Clerk: Wow, yeah. He lives here in Newport, you know. Can you sing at all?
LJ: No, I can't sing. I'm learning to play the piano though . . .
Clerk: That's too bad. If only you could sing you would be ridiculously rich and famous.
LJ: I guess I'll just have to settle for being ridiculously rich . . .

Previous Stories

» GANDHI If you've never seen Gandhi, I suggest chec...
» 411 OPERATORS What's the deal with 411 operators?...
» I SUPPOSE I'M THE ONLY PERSON finding this post hi...
» THE (JEB) BUSH DOCTRINE: Shoot first, ask questio...
» WEST WING One of my many female friends was just o...
» SANTA BARBARA So the weekend before last we decide...
» HOUSING BUBBLE Christiana approaches one of LJ's f...
» TERROR DRILLS The U.S. government is practicing fo...
» WHY IS BLOGGING A CLUB reserved for white males? M...
» THE LIFE OF A GENTLEMAN IN ORANGE COUNTY