Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Sunday, April 10, 2005

411 OPERATORS What's the deal with 411 operators? Do they get paid based on their average call length? It's almost impossible to strike up a conversation with one. Try it. I try every time I call 411. When they say, "City and State, please," try asking them where they are located. Try saying "hello, nice day out, huh?" They are almost completely unresponsive. I'm pretty sure most of them aren't outsourced, so the language barrier should not be a problem. This is the best I've done lately:

Operator: City and State, Please.
LJ: Newport Beach, Californiyay
Operator: "Which listing?"
LJ: Bare Tan. B-A-R-E Tan. I'm trying to call-in for my Mystic Tan appt.
Operator: [Bursts out laughing] Here's the number.

Previous Stories

» I SUPPOSE I'M THE ONLY PERSON finding this post hi...
» THE (JEB) BUSH DOCTRINE: Shoot first, ask questio...
» WEST WING One of my many female friends was just o...
» SANTA BARBARA So the weekend before last we decide...
» HOUSING BUBBLE Christiana approaches one of LJ's f...
» TERROR DRILLS The U.S. government is practicing fo...
» WHY IS BLOGGING A CLUB reserved for white males? M...
» THE LIFE OF A GENTLEMAN IN ORANGE COUNTY
» ORAL SEX Drudge is all worked up over teens having...
» BRING 'EM OUT, BRING 'EM OUT We haven't completely...