Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Sunday, May 08, 2005

MOTHER'S DAY I slipped on the all-white linen outfit and went to Sunday Mother's Day Brunch at a tiny restaurant overlooking the Pacific Ocean. At one point during the meal, a plate crashes to the floor, shattering into tiny pieces and the restaurant goes silent. As if off a script, my brother yells out: "Job Opening!"

Everyone laughs.

Damn, that kid is funny. Who did he learn this from?

Previous Stories

» PETITION FOR BUDGET CAPS I was walking out of Targ...
» PATENT LEATHER JORDAN'S I just got a new pair of ...
» THE MOST EXPENSIVE ZIP CODES IN 2005 Forbes detail...
» THE MOST DANGEROUS ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD has a...
» DERBY DAY It's hard to believe it's already Derby ...
» THE BEACH VILLA We've had some trouble getting the...
» BOY, OH BOY, do I have some stories to tell now.
» T-MOBILE
» SURFING AND SALSA DANCING The word is we are padd...
» CULTURE OF VIOLENCE AND DEATH Several of my frien...