Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

CHINA'S FOREIGN RESERVES are stacking up quickly. I gotta say, not even the Austrians have come with a decent explanation on this (well if they have, I haven't read it). Everyone is acting like China is just stashing away cash like a little kid in his piggie bank, carefully saving for any future disaster. LJ's quick take: This is nonsense. The reserves are evidence of China's massive credit expansion and impending banking system collapse. If my entire banking system teetered on insolvency, gee whiz, I'd hope to have plenty of dollars stashed away. Yuan/remnibi appreciation? It may be more interesting to be on the other side of that bet.

What do you think? You heard it here first . . .

Previous Stories

» EVERYONE'S A SPECULATOR NOW! Get rich in real est...
» GREENSPAN OR BUFFETT? Greenspan or Buffett? Do y...
» STEVE NASH: ANTI-WAR BALLER Yes, Steve Nash looks ...
» CHICKS MAD AT US BECAUSE THEY CAN'T HAVE US We wal...
» WHY I LOVE THE DAILY RECKONING
» WRISTBANDS Someone asked: should libertarians wear...
» ORANGE COUNTY As an Orange County resident I guess...
» TRUMP IS A CHUMP Trump is traveling the country pu...
» MOTHER'S DAY I slipped on the all-white linen outf...
» PETITION FOR BUDGET CAPS I was walking out of Targ...