Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Monday, October 31, 2005

Trash Vegas: Oceanfront Property?

As the absurd property bubble rages on, AG sent a link to this article: "Tiny Vegas Home Sits At Center of Housing Craze."

Hilarious lines from the article include:

"About 85 percent of condo buyers are non-Nevada residents or investors, Gordon said."

“It’s sort of like beach-front property. They’re not making any more of it. Everybody that’s within a stone’s throw thinks their property is worth $20 million an acre,” he said.

“It’s happening. It’s all going to keep going,” said Paul Miotke, Corchuelo’s agent. “The one thing we know is it’s not going down in value.”

Lessons from this:

1. The run-up in prices in Las Vegas is largely speculative.
2. Everyone's now a real estate tycoon.
2. Vegas is beachfront property.
3. Paul Miotke has no idea what he's talking about.
4. I have several options on condos on the Strip for sale if any of you are interested.

Full disclosure: It must be said that a certain part of my personal fortune is heavily dependent on the real estate bubble, so I'm not exactly standing on the sidelines as a spectator. I'm intimately involved in the process in California and I spend a lot of time working with land developers. There's an obscene building and selling frenzy -- let's put it that way.

Previous Stories

» Flowers
» QUOTE: "Q, it's not about how many women you get, ...
» CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH DOLPHINS I did a 3-mile ocean...
» BERNANKE The best libertarians could hope for?Ugh...
» WORLD SERIES OF POKER In my search to find somethi...
» CANCUN We were supposed to be there this weekend. ...
» ASIAN CURRENCY ANALYSTS from the big banks were wr...
» I GUESS I GOT my swagger back?
» WHO HATES THEIR MTV? Nikky Finke on the Idiots' f...
» "ACCEPT THE TEACHING OF CHRIST as it is, clear and...