Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Friday, October 28, 2005

BERNANKE The best libertarians could hope for?

Ugh.

Bernanke knows his economics history? (Big deal) Favors inflation-targeting? (Heh, even if you convinced me inflation-targeting was a possibility, I'd still laugh. It's just econ-geek nonsense, having no relation to the real world. We call this "f(x) bullsh*t" where I come from. Besides, I favor falling prices.)

Hell, who cares if Bernanke is perfect in his economic reasoning, a true follower of Mises-Rothbard-Hulsmann, the Federal Reserve is NOT an economic institution. It's a political one. The Fed Chair is merely the steward, doing the bidding of the banking elite and the State to prevent the insolvency of our monetary system. It's a fraud, a scam and the primary ingredient of the rise of the welfare-warfare State. Printing money -- even at a medium pace and all that -- doesn't benefit society. It impoverishes society.

On top of all this, Bernanke is on-the-record as willing to do ANYTHING in his power -- which I suppose includes buying up mortgage-backed securities after the collapse -- in order to prevent prices from falling! For the libertarian, a massive deflation could mean the end of the political-economic order as we know it. We should welcome the day.

I have absolutely no idea why a radical libertarian would cheer this -- or any -- appointment to the Fed.

Charles de Montesquieu (as quoted by Tolstoy) said: "I love peasants and farmers; they are not scholarly enough of educated enough to tell sophisticated lies."

I don't like these so-called economists and economic policymakers. They excel at telling sophisticated lies. Stop showing them support.

Previous Stories

» WORLD SERIES OF POKER In my search to find somethi...
» CANCUN We were supposed to be there this weekend. ...
» ASIAN CURRENCY ANALYSTS from the big banks were wr...
» I GUESS I GOT my swagger back?
» WHO HATES THEIR MTV? Nikky Finke on the Idiots' f...
» "ACCEPT THE TEACHING OF CHRIST as it is, clear and...
» CHESS Scroll down for move-by-move Kasparov agains...
» Where'S Your Money?
» COCKTAIL PARTY
» OUTSOURCING HITS ORANGE COUNTY? Surfboard manufact...