Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Monday, November 15, 2004

CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS? I don't know what Arnaud de Borchgrave is talking about. What we see in Europe is a lack of civilization not a clash of civilizations. It's the tragedy of the commons, the triumph of public government and trampling of private property.

May the process of de-civilization continue with the likes of de Borchgave as our public intellectuals.

Living in Spain during 2000, I have some experience with a similar situation. Moroccans -- allegedly entering Spain illegally -- caused all of the criminal activity I personally witnessed. Spain has some of the most spectacular "public" plazas, where thousands of young Spaniards gather to celebrate and socialize during the evenings of the weekend. Groups of Moroccans often mixed in with the crowds, stealing, starting fights and vanadalizing property.

An American student was knifed by a Moroccan trying to defend himself.

A fellow American chased down a group of Moroccans after they stole a girl's purse.

A fellow American chased down, tackled and berated a Moroccan "car thief" being pursued through the streets by Spanish police.

In Spain, the Moroccans had to take seats on the back of the bus.

Also, against the advice of the State Department, I spent the weekend in Morocco. Of course, I told everyone I was from Canada or Germany, because the United State of America is so hated. (Hint: Not for our "freedoms"). I can understand why Moroccans wish to emigrate. One man told me in broken English: "See how beautiful our country is -- we have NO industrialization." Sadly, I did not see beauty. I saw poverty. I saw disease. I saw young children that looked more like skeletons than humans. I saw large families crowded into small apartments, producing goods for the market on Sunday.

I watched a small, frail Moroccan boy follow me through the market begging for Spanish pesetas.

This was not civilization. This was primitivism.

Previous Stories

» ARAFAT CONTROLLED A FINANCIAL EMPIRE WORTH $3 BILL...
» GROWING HATRED FOR MICROSOFT I just received a mes...
» THE US DOLLAR One of the most popular topics in th...
» PIERCE BROSNAN ON HOW HE got fired as James Bond. ...
» DRUDGE FLOATED THE RUMOR on Friday that George W. ...
» I FEEL BAD FOR DUMB REPUBLICANS Even Eminem has a ...
» LADIES LOVE FLOWERS Gentlemen, shower your lady wi...
» MORE FROM THE PIGS The Boston cops now say the of...
» "WHEN THE PIGS TRY TO GET AT YA, PARK IT LIKE IT'S...
» LOS ANGELES WANTS a sales tax to pay for more cops...