Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Sunday, November 14, 2004

I FEEL BAD FOR DUMB REPUBLICANS Even Eminem has a clue on the Iraq War:

"I've never been one to be all that political," Eminem says. "Most of it is in the song, and I would prefer to leave it at that, but my personal opinion-and I'm just one person who happens to speak to a lot of people-is that we live in the best country there is, and this guy is fucking it up. There's people over there [in Iraq] dying and we can't get a straight answer why.

Obviously, I wasn't around for Vietnam, but it's almost becoming like Vietnam 2. "My personal take is that when 9/11 happened you had bin Laden," he continues. "It was an attack on America from one guy, and all of a sudden we're going after someone we haven't heard about in fucking ten, twelve years. It's like two people are standing here and one punches you in the face and you don't do anything back to him-you punch the other guy in the face."


Hm. A libertarian? Definitely. Libertarianism is for everybody!

I'm no Eminem fan. I've heard a few tracks off the new album and I really think he should retire. Sadly, he sounds (in style and subject matter) almost like every other rapper now -- a sharp contrast to how he entered the game. In other rap news, Old Dirty Bastard is dead. Reminding us -- once again -- that crack kills.

http://www.vanityfair.com/commentary/content/articles/041109roco01

Previous Stories

» LADIES LOVE FLOWERS Gentlemen, shower your lady wi...
» MORE FROM THE PIGS The Boston cops now say the of...
» "WHEN THE PIGS TRY TO GET AT YA, PARK IT LIKE IT'S...
» LOS ANGELES WANTS a sales tax to pay for more cops...
» KIERKAGAARD ON "AUTHENTIC EXISTENCE" An article wo...
» FUNNY QUESTION ASKED OF LJ: "Hey, if you are talki...
» THE REAL AGGRESSOR
» WHO REALLY DEFENDED AMERICA?
» WHAT IS STABILITY?
» SO, NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION