Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

THE LIFE OF A GENTLEMAN IN ORANGE COUNTY

Some people ask: "LJ, why would you want to live in Newport? You can't get around without taking private toll roads. Most of the communities are privately built, managed and gated off from the public. The women are all rich, blonde and so beautiful they border on unapproachable."

Short answer: What's not to love?

It was a gorgeous weekend here. It's definitely summertime in Cali already. (And, because of the "time change," if I actually leave the office before 7, we are paddling out.) Saturday, after my Mystic Tan appointment, I rolled out to get the manicure and pedicure with my little sister ("If there is no polish involved, a true gentleman occassionaly gets a manicure." -- John Bridges). Now, a lot has been written lately about so-called metrosexuals. In fact, I can't tell which group is worse: metrosexuals or the guys that read Maxim, Stuff and FHM. I'll be brief: adopting feminine activities and traits does not make you a gentleman. Reading Maxim won't help you become a better man. You probably won't even get the "rock hard abs" they seem to talk about in every issue.

And speaking of blonde and beautiful, LJ's stylist is a great example of a California girl. I'm not going to lie to you, I've had beautiful girlfriends (one in particular), but my stylist is just ridiculous in terms of the attention she attracts. Since I have no romantic connection, it's hilarious to watch the traffic accidents she creates just walking down the street. A police officer actually slammed on his brakes to get a better glimpse. Calling Cards Drug tests Alcohol tests

Previous Stories

» ORAL SEX Drudge is all worked up over teens having...
» BRING 'EM OUT, BRING 'EM OUT We haven't completely...
» FRAUD SERVICES So my bank shut down my account the...
» HIATUS
» DANCE, DANCE REVOLUTION
» ARE THEY COPS OR CRIMINALS?
» JONAH GOLDBERG ECONOMICS
» HOUSE SHOPPING
» THE END OF POVERTY
» Smart women don't get married