Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Thursday, December 16, 2004

ADVENTURES OF THE LIBERTARIAN JACKASS: BEVERLY HILLS 90212 I rocked to a Christmas Party at the Beverly Wilshire this evening. Man, is it the season to be jolly, or what? Dinner was fantastic (especially the veal), I went with a cabernet (several glasses, as it turned out) and I even sampled a few treats off the dessert plate.

A friend also gave me a subscription the Wine Spectator as a Christmas gift. I hope you are all as excited about this as I am.

At the party (basically of bunch of asset management people), I spoke with a Russian fellow about his reasons for coming to America 27 years ago. He mentioned that many of his friends are now returning. Why? "Because there is a lot of freedom there. You don't have all the bullshit laws you have here in the U.S. A man is actually free to do what he wants."

Sources:
http://www.seeing-stars.com/Hotels/BeverlyWilshire.shtml
http://www.winespectator.com/Wine/Home/

Previous Stories

» I WALK AROUND THE OFFICE humming Christmas songs....
» FASCISTS' ISLAND In Newport Beach we have Fashion ...
» A MESSAGE FROM THE IRAQI RESISTANCE A video from t...
» LJ THE HUMANITARIAN A friend has signed me up to w...
» TOM PALMER'S TRAFFIC DIPS, so he metions LewRockwe...
» WOMEN TO AVOID I can't take credit for this insigh...
» I FEEL BAD FOR THE WOMEN OF THE WORLD How dare Ush...
» MORE FROM OCEAN'S 12 I already warned you not to w...
» HOW TO TELL IF THERE IS A HOUSING BUBBLE, CONT'D P...
» SCOTT PETERSON GETS DEATH, Pinochet is still livin...