Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Thursday, November 17, 2005

JUST WAR THEORY

Doesn't just war theory completely fall apart if you don't belive in the legitimacy of government? I was thinking about this while reading a David Gordon book review here. Show me a legitimate government and then we can talk about just war.

By the way, David Gordon is an absolute treasure. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading his reviews and following his citations into other works. I wish he'd put together an entire list of books to read (with his reviews attached, of course) -- like an Educated Mind book or something -- and I think I'd bet set for a lifetime of self-education.

Previous Stories

» IRAQ AND CONSERVATIVE IDIOTS
» POLITICS AND DATING
» ON SOLDIERS
» PATRIOTISM is not a virtue. Nor is it sufficient ...
» Property, Not Prices
» MARCUS AURELIUS
» TOLSTOY: "The State is only a temporary thing and ...
» "WHEN THERE IS PLENTY OF WINE, sorrow and worry ta...
» "I KNOW WHAT GIRLS WANT, I KNOW WHAT THEY LIKE, th...
» Pete Carroll Is Brilliant