Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

WEDDING CRASHERS

Are you still a big Hollywood star if LJ gets into places before you do? A couple of months back I had dinner with a friend in Santa Monica and then headed over to meet up with Jigga at White Lotus. I walked up to the front of the line and kindly asked the bouncer to lift the velvet rope and let me in. He said "for 80 dollars" he might be able to help me out. I responded: "Eighty dollars, huh? Let me make one phone call."

Of course, one phone call and I get right in.

Unfortunately for Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan (still waiting outside in line), they didn't have the same luck. I told Jigga, "find out if Ben Stiller is lurking somewhere out there. If not, then get those guys in."

There's also another important lesson here: never pay to bypass lines and get into clubs, bars, or restaurants. Any loser taking your money to get you in a place is running a fradulent business. Simply contact LJ and I'll put you in touch with the right people and they'll see what they can arrange. This goes for any city in Cali, Vegas and most of the West. Heck, they can probably do NYC, too.

As we like to say, "All over the world, baby!"
Alcohol tests
Love lyrics

Labels: ,

Previous Stories

» IS THE "TRADE DEFICIT" a meaningful and useful eco...
» MORE THAN JUST MORTGAGE PROBLEMS
» I CAN NEVER figure out what Jonah Goldberg is writ...
» BACHELORS
» THE SUNSET I have a favorite spot along the Coast ...
» LUXURY LIVING IN ORANGE COUNTY
» HILARIOUS As an anarchist and a pacifist, one woul...
» FORTY PERCENT CHANCE OF global recession in 2005, ...
» QUESTIONS FOR LJ We get a few questions via email,...
» HARRY POTTER Is the Pope really anti-Potter? If so...