Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Saturday, May 29, 2004

ADVENTURES OF THE LIBERTARIANJACKASS: THE WAL-MART EMPIRE

I popped into Target the other day to pick up a few items. (Don't ask what "type" of items -- that's personal.) As I'm strolling down an aisle, I catch a glimpse of a lady scanning all of the prices into a mini-computer. She's wearing a shirt that reads: "Wal-Mart." (Remember, we are in Target.) So, of course, I go up to her:

LJ
: What are you doing?
LADY: What?
LJ: Are Wal-Mart's prices lower than Target's (in a really loud voice, attracting the attention of a Target employee and several fellow shoppers)
LADY: (Quietly) Well, they are already and they will be much lower by tomorrow.
LJ: (Loudly) Ha! Ha! That's brilliant! I didn't know Wal-Mart did this kind of market research. I'm off to Wal-Mart. Who is with me?

I left Target (after tempting several other shoppers to abandon ship as well) and went straight to the nearest Wal-Mart where I found the specific product I was looking for was 50 cents cheaper. Cha-ching! A penny saved is a penny earned, I always say. I'm happy with my purchase.

Previous Stories

» WHEN PRIVATE PROPERTY TRUMPS "FREE SPEECH"
» DOES SLAVERY STILL EXIST IN THE UNITED STATES?
» OH, COME ON!
» THANKS
» "CRYBABY" AWARD
» ANOTHER REASON NOT TO TAKE THE WARMONGERS SERIOUSLY
» THEY HATE AMERICANS
» THE LAKERS
» "RUDY" ANSWERS QUESTIONS AT THE WHITE HOUSE
» BOOT CHECK