Libertarian Jackass

"Life is short, but truth works far and lives long; let us speak truth." -- Schopenhauer

Friday, August 01, 2003

McCarthyism writes:

"Actually the friend in the Royal Tenenbaums was on mescaline, not cocaine, though there may have been some cocaine use too. I can't remember. Whatever mescaline does to you, it can't be nearly as messed up as what the Royal Tenenbaums does. I fell out of my chair with boredome at one point. Like Jeff, I had to wonder what had happened to two hours of my life. The film has an interesting aesthetic -- at a costume party at Washington University several of my hipster friends dressed like the Ben Stiller character, for whatever that tells you -- but I'll be damned if I can figure out what the hell it was about other than mainstreaming incest, albeit non-biological incest."

Previous Stories

» I just watched The Royal Tenenbaums. I'm not quite...
» U.S. Tells China To Get Rid Of The Free Market